Back in early 2010, I wrote a long series of posts about how to conduct research for fiction. Those posts still come up in conversation now and then, so I thought it would be useful to collect the links to them here.
- A prologue of sorts
- The introduction
- Research tip #1: Marry a librarian
- Research tip #2: Know your limits
- Research tip #3: Go to the source
- Research tip #4: Shoot the bullet
- Research tip #5: Shop the catalogue
- Research tip #6: Marbling
- Research tip #7: Check the map
- Research wrap-up: More resources than you ever wanted
Have questions about researching I haven’t covered here? Let me know — I’d be happy to expand the series!
[In fact, I have expanded the series! Tip #7 (and onward?) are recent additions!]
One thought on “Research for Fiction”